Thursday, January 18, 2018

Watercolor Resist Painting


This is a fun and super easy craft project!


Supplies: Contact paper, scissors, watercolors, paintbrush, thick paper


Cut a piece of contact paper and draw or trace shapes on the paper side of the contact paper.  I looked at images online for ideas and then drew them freehand.  You can also use cookie cutters or trace other shapes.  (When I do this project again I will make my shapes a little bigger, I think it will turn out better.)


Cut out the shapes.


Place the shapes on your paper to get an idea of where you want them.  Then peel the backing off and stick the shapes to the paper.



Now paint away.  Be careful when painting not to lift up any parts of the contact paper.  It turns out best if you use darker colors to show the contrast and fill most of the page.


Once you (or your child) is finished painting you can let the paper dry a little and then peel the contact stickers from the paper.


My daughter used all blue for the first one (pictured at the top of the blog) and then she branched out quite a bit for the second picture.  They turned out pretty cool!

1 comment:

First Blog Post

We recently moved from the city to an 1880's farmhouse on 8 acres off of a two-lane dirt road.  My daughter turned 6 at the end of Novem...