Thursday, December 28, 2017

Stuck in the Snow


Yep, that is my car, stuck in a snowbank at the end of my road. 😒


We got about five inches of snow but the drifts were quite a bit higher, as you can see.  There is one spot at the end of our road where there is no windbreak and the snow blows across the road.  I drove right into it and the snow sucked me into the ditch.


I worked on getting myself out for about 15 minutes before my dear husband showed up in his truck with our six-year-old daughter all bundled up in her car seat.  We took turns digging and moving the car a couple feet while the other sat in the warm truck (it was about 12 degrees not including wind chill).  Eventually, we had it out enough that he was able to use the front bumper of his truck to push me the rest of the way out of the snow bank.  

I had been on my way to visit my home-bound lady before that but I called her up and asked if it was okay if I came the next day.  She said it was a sign that I should stay home, since I had developed a shingles rash overnight as well (click here for that blog post).  After working on my car for 45 minutes, I was finally able to turn it around and drive home.  I went inside, got back into my pajama pants, had lunch and then took a two hour nap!



No comments:

Post a Comment

First Blog Post

We recently moved from the city to an 1880's farmhouse on 8 acres off of a two-lane dirt road.  My daughter turned 6 at the end of Novem...