Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Homemade Potpourri



This is a really simple recipe for potpourri that you keep simmering on the stove.


I had some cutie oranges that had dried out and I didn't want to throw them away.  I cut them in half and threw them in a saucepan with just enough water to cover them.


I found some whole cloves, allspice and cinnamon sticks in the back of the spice cabinet and threw those in with the oranges.  About a half teaspoon of the allspice and cloves and a single cinnamon stick.  I brought the whole concoction to a boil and then put the burner on low to simmer.  Now my whole kitchen smells like spiced oranges!

1 comment:

First Blog Post

We recently moved from the city to an 1880's farmhouse on 8 acres off of a two-lane dirt road.  My daughter turned 6 at the end of Novem...