Saturday, May 12, 2018

Fallen Bat


This poor little boy fell from the roof of our house.  Bats can't fly from the ground so I picked him up and placed him on his belly near a tree.  His wing looked like it was a little hurt but he had a lot of spunk.  He was spitting and growling at me and flopping all over the place.  I did manage to snap this picture of him before I let him go.  When I went back out to check on him he was gone, so either he climbed the tree or he was someone's dinner.

Disclaimer: Bats are one of the number one carriers of rabies!  Do not pick up a bat without proper protection and knowledge.  If you aren't sure, don't touch it!  I used thick knit gloves and picked up the bat in my winter hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Blog Post

We recently moved from the city to an 1880's farmhouse on 8 acres off of a two-lane dirt road.  My daughter turned 6 at the end of Novem...