Thursday, March 29, 2018

Hosting a Homeschool Group Easter Party


I hosted a homeschool group Easter party this week.  I planned a lesson about the true meaning of Easter, complete with Christian coloring and activity pages.  After the lesson I got some of our baby chicks and ducks out for all of the children to pet.  I hid 80 eggs filled with small trinkets or candy outside.  Then we all came back in the house to enjoy a meal and I had several craft stations and a planting station set up.  


One of the crafts was plastic canvas' in the shape of crosses, stars and circles as well as a pile of colored yarn for the kids to decorate.


Here is the station with the coloring and activity pages as well as some plain paper to color.


I set up a tray of plastic beads in different shapes and letter beads for the kids to make necklaces and bracelets with their names or other messages on them.


This is the kitchen before people came.  We had a potluck and the parents brought all kinds of goodies.  We had pigs in a blanket, veggies and fruit, some snacks and a bunny cake.


This is the planting station outside!  I bought a couple different kinds of flower seeds and bought some wide paper cups for the kids to plant the seeds in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Blog Post

We recently moved from the city to an 1880's farmhouse on 8 acres off of a two-lane dirt road.  My daughter turned 6 at the end of Novem...